Monday, January 28, 2008

Base Line: Conversations in the Radiation Room- Part 2

Female Radio Tech 1: "Okay, Melynda, we are going to take an X ray film at the end of the treatment today:"

Me: "Um, OK."

FRT1: "I don't know if you remember me.... I am the one who did your mapping. I am covering for D today... cause he had like... um ... stuff to do."

Me: "Oh"

(Techs fiddle with my boob a bit, move the table then leave room)

(Buzzing Noise)

(Techs enter the room again)

FRT1: "94 5"

Male Radio Technician 1: "Alrighty"

FRT1: "85 6"

MRT1: "yup"

FRT2: "134 7"

MRT1: "got it"

(Table shifting)

(Female and Male Radio Tech... mumbling mumbling... can't hear over the machine")

MRT1: "..........yeah... I noticed it when I was giving him his little sponge bath, kinda sad"

FRT2: "oh... that is sad. How much to take him to the Neuro-Vet?"

MRT1: "$120.00 just to enter the door"

MRT1: "okay Melynda, here we go again"

(techs leave room)

(Loud Buzzing Noise)

10:15 am Wed Jan 23rd 2008

No comments: